Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pray for Life's Dilemmas

I received this email from a dear friend and missionary who has lived overseas for several decades. She expressed her heartcry over many issues she has been dealing with and I believe we can all relate to some of these. No details except that I offer her up for prayer:

Sometimes living so far away from family & friends from an earlier stage of my life seems overbearing & sad. I love living in Japan. I love the friends I have here. I feel so blessed by God here & believe I’m where He wants me to be.

But there are times that I want to just step out of what is going on and be relieved from the stress of aging … not just in myself, but in others as well.

There are people I love & cherish & miss being able to see & communicate with on a regular basis.

There are health problems that are cured, & other ones that reveal themselves to doctors once the big problem is taken care of well.

There are sudden accidents, deaths, separations that occur … why do they come up in the same week???

Things that happened in the past tend to put up a wall in making plans for the future….

The list goes on & on. It’s not unusual for this to happen to anyone, but when self becomes the one it is happening to, that tends to bring one down emotionally, mentally, physically, & spiritually.

Some things I’m dealing with are exciting, some are distressing, some are saddening, some are confusing … so much to suddenly fall into our laps in such a strange way & demand immediate attention all the way around is hard to know what to do/not do at times.

Would appreciate your prayers for us … Thank you –

No comments:

Post a Comment