Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Dangers of the Drug CIPRO

Dated March 22, 2017

My friend, Connie, who is 74, was given Cipro for what the doctor thought was a minor infection. I believe she took two (maybe three) pills and her feet began to burn. She couldn't walk w/o pain or even touch her feet. Now it is weeks later and she is still suffering. She looked up the side effects of Cipro and found that it should not be given to anyone over 60.

I went to the doctor recently for a UTI and he asked if I had ever taken Cipro. OMG! I am so thankful I was aware of Connie's experience. I told him Cipro should not be given to anyone over 60. He looked at me strangely and I told him I was 68. Then I told him about Connie's burning feet. He gave me something else. He was clueless about Cipro. We have to be our own best advocate for our own health! 

Please read the following website: 
https://mountainsandmustardseedssite.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/this-antibiotic-will-ruin-you/

From: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857 
WARNING: Fluoroquinolones, including CIPRO®, are associated with an increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture in all agesThis risk is further increased in older patients usually over 60 years of age, in patients taking corticosteroid drugs, and in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants (See WARNINGS). Fluoroquinolones, including CIPRO®, may exacerbate muscle weakness in persons with myasthenia gravis. Avoid CIPRO® in patients with known history of myasthenia gravis (See Warnings). 
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/appletter/2011/019537s075,019847s047,019857s054,020780s033,021473s028ltr.pdf

Since I was aware of Connie's horrible experience, I was able to avoid taking Cipro myself. I pass this information on to you in hopes you will take every precaution against this drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment