Tuesday, December 12, 2017

WHAT DID WE DO BEFORE . . .

Writing assignment...fill in the blank...
by Danna Shirley

In trying to answer this question, I was thinking about all of our modern conveniences and what our ancestors did before they were invented, like . . .
·     planes, trains, and automobiles
·     telephones, cell phones, and the internet
·     electric lights, central heat and air
·     washers, dryers, and refrigerators
·     and the one I always think of . . . flushing toilets and toilet paper. 😊

Image result for clipart of jesus akiane kramarikFinally, what did we do before our independence from England, and liberty and justice for all?

I was standing in church on Sunday morning worshipping God when He suddenly brought me the right answer to the right question . . .
WHAT DID I DO BEFORE . . . JESUS?

I just lived my life in sweet abandon. I didn’t drink, I didn’t do drugs, I wasn’t promiscuous, but I also wasn’t aware of my own sin, my own lost soul, or my destination when I died.

My wake-up call came in 1980 when the Holy Spirit wooed me into the arms of my Savior and I have been resting there ever since. 

Now, the question is, WHAT WILL YOU DO WITHOUT JESUS?


No comments:

Post a Comment