Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A Prayer

by Danna Shirley
 Don't Fear, For I AM with YOU ecard, online card
I've had my share of issues, as does everyone, but it seems some are more targeted by satan than others. I'm reminded of Job: 

"And the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.” And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand." (Job 1:8-12) 

I've often wondered if God said, "Only against him do not stretch out your hand," then why was he afflicted with boils, etc. The more afflicted we are, the more we should love Jesus Christ. Satan wants us to curse God...he should just give up!!!

Satan tries to target any and all areas of our life to defeat us: relationships,  health, emotions, pets, family, technology, home. He knows we want to be faithful servants. 

What was the final outcome for Job? The Lord restored his fortune and blessed the latter part of his life more than the former. So what happened to Job between Chapter 2 and Chapter 42? Lessons learned?! 

What lessons does God have for us to learn? Only God knows and He will reveal it in His timing. But even in all affliction, He opens ministry for us. I'm reminded of all the testimonies I've heard from missionaries on the mission field. What they've suffered the most seems to have brought the greatest blessings for God's Gospel and the furtherance of the Kingdom. We are excited about sharing what the Lord has done because the greatest blessings far outweigh the afflictions.

So how do we pray? How do we justify the good vs the bad; the affliction vs the blessing? We bind up the works of the enemy and loose the power of God. 
“Whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven." (Mt 16:19 AMP) 

How does that relate to our life? I'm sure we've done some extreme binding and loosing. This is probably the biggest and most asked age-old question of all time...WHY GOD? Sometimes there is no answer except to just pray and keep on praying, ask and keep on asking, seek and keep on seeking, knock and keep on knocking. And God's faithfulness says, for everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Simon Peter asked, "Lord, to Whom shall we go? You have the Words of eternal life." (John 6:68). I ask the same thing!

Lord God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, our Great and Mighty Physician, You have the words of life. I come to You now not for answers because Your ways are higher than my ways and I have no understanding except to trust that You know the end from the beginning. I am Your child and know that You have my best in Your hands. You will not give me a stone or a scorpion or a snake. I trust in You. I lean upon You. I rely upon You and know that You have me in the palm of Your hand. You count the hairs on my head. You capture my tears in a bottle. 

I thank You that my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life and every day I live I am getting closer to being with You in heaven. This world is not my home. But while I'm here, use me to further Your Kingdom. Continue to give me great testimonies of Your love and grace and mercy. Help me to minister to those You bring across my path and into my life. Let Your blessings far outweigh any afflictions satan tries to throw at me. He is defeated and knows his time is short.
 
I praise You, Lord, and thank You for Jesus Christ and His obedience, His sacrifice, His pain and suffering on the cross. He looked down through time and saw me; saw my ups and downs, peaks and pits, tears and laughter, and knew the end would be better than the beginning. 

So Lord, I ask You to continue to keep Your hand upon me. I ask for Your grace and Your mercy, Your guidance and direction, Your protection, Your hand of healing, Your hand of deliverance, Your forgiveness, Your hand of mercy, Your restoration to cover my life, my thoughts, my words, my deeds. Put a hedge of protection around me that satan cannot penetrate. Let all his fiery darts fall to the ground as wet straw. 

I bind up the works of the enemy that have targeted me to keep me down and discouraged, sick with pain and infection. I loose the power of Almighty God to restore everything the enemy has stolen and return it ten-fold. I ask for You to multiply all efforts to further Your Kingdom in ministry. Open up areas in my life to be a blessing to others; to use my gifts and talents to glorify You, Lord. 

Give me financial stability to take care of myself and give back in areas You will open and reveal to me. Bless the work of my hands. Help me to be a light to shine in wherever dark place You send me. Help me to rest when I need rest and to persevere when I need to move forward, as You are my example when You worked for six days and rested on the seventh.
 
Lord, restore my health. Touch every area of my body and release me from any pain and infection targeted against me. I am Your faithful, loving child and I so desire to be used mightily by You.
 
Lord, I ask all of this in Jesus precious Name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment