Tuesday, March 26, 2019

GOD GIVES DREAMS

By Danna Shirley
Sometimes it’s scary to realize your dream is a direct communication from God. For what purpose? Maybe it’s to get your attention through your sleep mode when He can’t get your attention consciously. Just such a dream happened to me (March 21, 2019). 

I had been holding resentment in my heart against someone for a few months and had decided I would not have contact with them anymore. There would have been no changing of positions on either side so, to keep the peace and have peace of mind, I thought it was best to avoid the issues.

BUT GOD . . . when He comes into the situation, all other options fall away. My decision was not God’s decision and so He gave me a dream addressing the scenario that I had dismissed. In the dream I was in an extreme argument with another person in front of a crowd to the point of clear animosity. I removed myself from the room and went upstairs.

BUT GOD . . . convicted me for how I displayed myself as a Christian and so I sent for the person to come upstairs. I didn’t know how I would begin but the moment they entered the room, I threw my arms around their neck and cried and apologized and started praying.

THEN GOD . . . woke me from the dream. I was crying and praying out loud the same thing I had been praying in the dream. He showed me the dream was between me and the person with whom I had severed my relationship. He did not want ME to hold animosity in my heart which would keep me from fellowship with Him.

You know we can learn many, many lessons on forgiveness in our years as a Christian BUT GOD continues to have to teach us over and over again. Why can’t we ever learn it once and for all? Why? I guess because we live in this fallen world and the things of the world attach themselves to us. We must constantly ask God to keep us chaste and pure from the world and its effects AND . . . to never quit teaching us and convicting us when we fall back into those old patterns.

Thank You, Lord, that you didn’t leave me in a state of unforgiveness but brought me out and into a closer walk with You, which is where I always want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment