Tuesday, June 2, 2020

JOURNALING 2016

by Danna Shirley
I found an old journal from 2016 and started to reread it. Here are some of my thoughts and visions at that time...

1/11/16:
SIX STEPS OF BIBLICAL MEDITATION
1) Ask/thank Jesus for cleansing me with His blood. Obey Him from previous revelations and confess and turn from any sin in my life. Thank Him for His endless forgiveness and grace.
2) Ask God to give me a teachable and humble attitude and to shine an even greater light on the revelations I already have.
3) Present my mind to God for Him alone to use me and turn me from any temptation.
4) Ask God to enlighten the eyes of my heart as I slow down and watch for it.
5) Present the abilities He gave me to reason and imagine with God, and expect (with thankfulness) for Him to flow through these things--reason and imagination. 
6) Thank God for all He shows me.

1/18/16:
What distracts me from His presence? What stops the flow of hearing from Him? When am I at my best?
I see that you're hurting and I want to heal you. Remove television and computer--only for purpose of seeking Me and My Word. NO games! Go to bed so I can give you dreams and visions.
If my day takes me out of the house, when I return I will seek His face. Otherwise, early morning...journal my dreams and visions.

1/25/16: 
STIR MYSELF UP OR I WILL SINK TO THE BOTTOM
Shift from religious routine and know Him intimately. Make my heart fertile ground; plant good seeds; renew my mind. He longs to encounter me and each encounter is different.
Be relentless pursuing God. Heaven comes to earth. Read Psalm 91 every day to step into the secret place of His glory...there will be no perception of time.
Rest in Him and allow Him to commune with me...let Him overtake me and move me into a deeper level.
Read Exodus 33:9 and John 17:3

ENTER IN THROUGH WORSHIP
1) Expectancy: He'll answer...ask for the desires of my heart.
2) Surrender: Worship in faith.
3) Sacrifice: Offer Him myself; express anything else that comes to me.
4) Receive: Let Him love on me, heal me; freedom and gratitude.

Lord, what means have I used to effectively still myself to hear from You? 
What methods would you like me to cultivate?
God said, "Dwell in My presence. Rest. Sleep."
God's Words are seeds. They have to be in His presence to grow--He's the soil, the Water, the Sun.
2 Tim 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the WORD OF TRUTH." (NKJV)
Study (meditate); knowledge puffs up but godly wisdom acts on the Word of God and lives it. 

2/1/16:
Lord, what do You want to say to me?
DRAW AARON INTO MY PRESENCE. I AM GOING TO USE HIM!

2/8/16:
CHRISTIANITY vs. NEW AGE
Foundations:
The Christian's foundation is the Bible. Whenever a Christian journals, we hear what God is saying and we ask the question, "Does it line up with biblical principles?"
New Age's foundation is their current philosophy; whatever their spirit encounters at the time. 


Goals:
A Christian's goal is to meet with God Almighty. 
A New Ager wants to have an encounter with any spirit out there.

Processes:
A Christian's process is fellowship with the Holy Spirit and trusting Him. 
New Ager's use drugs, mantras, and mediums to enter the spirit realm. The enemy only counterfeits the valuable things of God.

Five specific safeguards for hearing God's voice and all aspects of the spiritual realm:
1. Must be a born-again Christian.
2. Must accept the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.
3. Must demonstrate love and respect for God by commitment to His Word.
4. Have an attitude of submission to what God has shown in the Bible.
5. Have a spiritual advisor for input on a regular basis.

Six qualities of a good advisor/counselor:
1. Should be a close friend (same sex)
2. Should have a solid biblical orientation.
3. Should sense the voice of the Spirit.
4. Should be willing to commit as a counselor (dedicated to the Kingdom of God)
5. Should also receive counsel (be teachable)
6. Should be ahead or alongside in the area of the advice being sought.
Always ask God, "Please show me the truth in what my advisor/counselor says."


4/14/16:
DIFFERENT WAYS OF RECOGNIZING THE VOICE OF GOD
Try to detect your most dominant way(s) and be careful to recognize and resist the weaknesses common with this way, while appreciating the strengths. Then honor and be open to hearing God in every way.
KNOWER
Knowers notice the thoughts from God clearly (Job 38:36; Acts 16)
THE STRENGTHS OF A KNOWER:
·         Knowers have the ability to push through obvious barriers.
·         Knowers are commonly right about the way things will turn out.
·         Once a Knower encounters the Word of God little or nothing can stop them.
WEAKNESSES OF A KNOWER
·         Knowers have a hard time valuing those w/different dominant ways of hearing God.
·         Knowers have a tendency to “overvalue” their knowing and leave others behind.
·         When God changes directions, Knowers sometimes miss it.

SEER
Seers are very visionary (1 Chron 29:29)
STRENGTHS OF A SEER
·         Seers can see past what most people see; they have long distance vision.
·         Seers are entrepreneurial, intercessory, and a “just go for it” perspective.
·         God entrusts Seers with big pictures.
·         God gives Seers that spark of faith for the impossible and longevity to see it fulfilled.
WEAKNESSES OF A SEER
·         Seers have a hard time with those close to them who don’t see what they see.
·         They can grow weary in waiting and in seemingly mundane or daily things in life.

HEARER
Hearers have a key sense of knowing what God is speaking (Habakkuk 2:1-2)
STRENGTHS OF A HEARER
·         Hearers work independently and keep the Word they hear.  
·         Hearers have a special way of hearing what others can’t hear.
·         Hearers can point to a moment of hearing which grounds confidence in the Word.
       Having confirmation from others is important and should be sought.
WEAKNESSES OF A HEARER
·         Hearers can’t always see details in the big picture.
·         Hearers can develop an independent mindset and devalue a team mindset.

FEELER
Feelers have an insight into the emotions of God (Acts 2:43)
STRENGTHS OF A FEELER
·         Feelers tend to experience God’s emotions in unprecedented ways.
·         Feelers can catch spiritual moments that most people would miss.
·         Once Feelers encounter the Word of God, little will stop them.
WEAKNESS OF A FEELER
·         Feelers can have a hard time functioning unless everything “feels” right.
·         Feelers have a tendency to “over value” what they feel and leave others out who may
      hear God predominately in other ways.
·         Feelers can sometimes undervalue what they feel and dismiss seeing God in it.
We can have more than one dominant way of hearing God that is in our natural make-up, but we all have at least one way we function more naturally than in others.

No limits with God! (1 Corinthians 1:6-7; Romans 8:11)
We can seek Him in all these areas through intimacy with Him and step into each way and cultivate them with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Journaling at least once a week to have a clear and intimate conversation with God about what you are sensing, feeling, or thinking will keep you on track and give you clarity no matter in what area you dominantly or naturally recognize Him.

Journaling exercise:
Go to a quiet place and be alone with God.
Fix your eyes on Jesus. Picture yourself with Him and Him with you.
Ask God how you can personally cultivate ways of hearing Him on a daily basis.
Ask Him what He has to say to you concerning what is currently on your heart.
Tune to the spontaneous thoughts and pictures that light up on your mind.

Write them down.

Here is some music to help quiet yourself before Him:            

No comments:

Post a Comment