Thursday, June 4, 2020

Prayers

by Danna Shirley

I woke this morning and began praying through my prayer list. This phrase has been coming to me for the last week: 
My prayers are but a drop in the ocean
compared to all the prayers prayed to God
in just one moment of time.

Does that mean I quit praying? NO
"Rejoice always, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thess 5:16-18)

Does that mean God doesn't hear my prayers? NO
"O LORD, YOU HAVE HEARD the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear." (Psalm 10:17)

Does that mean my prayers are insignificant to God? NO
"You did not choose Me but I CHOSE YOU, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you." (John 15:16)

Does what concerns me, concern God. YES
"The Lord will PERFECT THAT WHICH CONCERNS ME; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands." (Psalm 138:8)

As I go through my prayer list and see all those requests I’ve prayed over and over again and have not seen any change or the “yes” answer I want, what keeps me on my knees in perseverance and pursuit?
" . . . 'Lord, TO WHOM SHALL WE GO? You have the words of eternal life.'" (John 6:68)

Then I am reminded of ALL THE ANSWERED PRAYERS I’ve seen over my forty years as a Christian; all the prayers I've removed from my list because they were answered.
1.   My salvation is the biggest miracle for He took this sinner and turned me around, changed my heart, and has used me for His kingdom.
2.   He brought salvation to my whole household: my husband, children, and grandchildren.
3.   He healed and delivered my husband from cluster headaches.
4.   He’s given me several visions of comfort showing me just how much I am loved.
5.   He’s given me encouraging words to speak to others.
6.   He’s used me several times in praying for others and seeing those prayers answered.
7.   I taught a Bible study in Japan and I saw many of my Navy wife friends grow in their faith. I also grew spiritually, more so than when I was in the U.S.
8.   I’ve fasted for my rebellious teenage son for three days and seen a 180° turn around in his behavior and attitude.
9.   I’ve done a Jericho walk around a bar and seen it close within a few weeks.

And many more too numerous to mention. I have seen and experienced the hand of God on my life and ministry and I am convinced He holds me in the palm of His hand and nothing can take me away from His protection.

I will continue to pray and seek God's face. He knows the end from the beginning and He works everything out for my good and His glory. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment