Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SHOES

by Danna Shirley

            Women are notorious for buying shoes . . . lots of them! I, for one, hate to go shopping because I can never find a pair that doesn’t hurt my feet. When I can find a comfortable pair of shoes, I wear them into the ground before I again consent to go shoe shopping. I can only peruse about two stores before I am dead on my feet and that is not the time to buy a pair of shoes!
            Not so, with my daughter, Kristen. She can wear anything—heels or flats, in or out of fashion. She is a shoe “horse” and a “bloodhound” for a good sale. I think she gets it from her Aunt Paula because I sure didn’t raise her this way. 
            When Kristen was packing to go off to college, she paid her little brother, Aaron, to straighten all the shoes in her closet and he counted 32 pairs. Now that she’s married with a career that requires a professional look, she has two closets full of clothes and shoes. Out of curiosity, I spent one Saturday morning counting several pairs of black heels, black flats, black sandals, black boots…and that’s just her black footwear. 
            When I was babysitting for my granddaughter, Emma, one evening, I decided to straighten her closet. As I matched up all her shoes and lined them in a row, I counted fourteen pairs. My granddaughter is TWO!!!
            I wonder? Is there something wrong with me that I am not a shoe fanatic and don’t like to go shopping? I would rather pull teeth than fight the mall at any time and especially when I am in need of shoes! My husband was very thankful of that fact because I never dragged him along.
            When the need arises, I can find a “shoe” greeting card to fit any occasion. That tells me there must be plenty of females out there who are just like my daughter . . . either shoe “rich” or shoe “poor” depending on how you look at it!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment