Monday, May 23, 2016

LITANY OF PRAYER – SAILING THROUGH LIFE’S STORMS

by Lorraine Allen
Member of the Creative Writing Class at the Bartlett Senior Center, TN
I wanted to share this b/c Lorraine's Declarations to God blessed me...Danna

I was sitting on my bed one night.  My head felt light and I felt jittery, my mouth was dry and I felt as if I would faint at any time. I reached over and picked up my blood pressure cup. “200/100.” This made me more nervous and I felt it rise more, my head feeling as if it was pressed in from all sides. I began to hyperventilate. I thought I was about to have a stroke. I began to pray,

Is not God my Father?  
As my Father, will He forget me?  
Yes, He is my Father.  
No, He will not forget me.  

He brings the cooling breeze to smooth my brow.  
He comforts me with His touch.  
There is no one like Him and no one that can touch me like He can. 

Why will He not forget?  Because He loves me.  
Me, lowly me, He loves despite the small stature of my being. 

Because He loves me I can feel His caressing touch. 
I can feel that everything will be alright though the night cares frighten me 
and open me up to the wounds of this earth.  

God gives me comfort and love through the pain.  
Just as He embraces me, I embrace Him and know that I am as safe 
and secure as a climbing child upon her father’s knee.  

Knowing these things I WILL find calm.
I  WILL find peace.  
I WILL find joy.  
I WILL find Him holding me and rocking me safely to sleep in the midst of my storms.

As I prayed, I began to calm down and feel God’s grace. As I felt His grace, I began to feel my blood pressure go back down to normal. I realized that with God I had gone sailing successfully through another of life’s storms.


No comments:

Post a Comment