Monday, January 7, 2019

A NEW SONG

Danna Shirley 
“I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.  He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.”  (Psalm 40:1-3)

New beginnings…yes, new beginnings.  He has brought me out of the pit and set my feet upon a rock.  That Rock is Jesus Christ. 

We all have our testimonies of how God got our attention when we were out in the world; how the Holy Spirit introduced us to the reality of Jesus Christ and wooed us to Himself; how we recognized our sin and need for a Savior; and how we finally believed, received, and were born into the Kingdom of God.  We all have our testimonies and they are all different, as different as every one of us is different.
    
We didn’t know we had been waiting patiently for the Lord to come and save us.  If we had known, we might not have been so patient or so evasive.  God’s timing is perfect, though. 
    
I wasn’t saved until I was 32 years old.  I used to ponder why I didn’t receive Jesus until that age even though I was raised in church.  My regret is I could have been and done so much in the name of the Lord that was left undone for all those years.
     
Then He saved me and set my feet on a firm foundation and put a “new song” in my heart.  A new song…How Great Thou Art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment