Friday, January 4, 2019

Sanctity of Human Life Sunday--January 22nd 2019

by Danna Shirley
Here we are, faced with another year of legal abortions. Which brings me to address the issue again in 2019. When abortion became legal in 1973, I was 25, married, and had already given birth to my first child in 1971. The issue of abortion didn't affect me and I knew it would NOT affect me...ever...so I was like the proverbial ostrich with my head in the sand. HOWEVER, in 1980, I became a Christian and God exploded this tragedy in my spirit. 

In speaking with my pro-choice mother about the issue a few years later, she informed me (her 3rd daughter) that if abortion had been legal in 1948 (my birth year), I wouldn’t be here today. I was shocked she could share that bit of information but I eventually realized it was the best argument against abortion I could ever present. If I had been aborted, I wouldn't have my three wonderful children or my three beautiful granddaughters. Lives mean something; your descendants are vital and valuable not only to your family but to humanity. 

Abortion could be ending the life of another Abraham Lincoln or a Winston Churchill or a Beethoven...a Jonas Salk (developed polio vaccine), a George Washington Carver (botanist/inventor), or a Billy Graham (evangelist), or the next person who would cure cancer. I could go on and on!

As a Christian, this scripture should scream out to all believers:  
"There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community." (Prov 6:16-19 NIV)

James Robison, host of LIFE Outreach International, helps build fresh water wells, feeds the poor and hungry in Africa and supports local missionaries. Mission Feeding is another outreach that has saved seven million starving children. James is a product of rape and tells his story here: https://stream.org/james-robison-unwanted-and-nearly-aborted-but-god-takes-him-beyond-his-dreams/

I would like to assure anyone who has had an abortion or counseled someone to have an abortion or thought there was no other way, that GOD FORGIVES. You don't have to continue to live with regret or guilt or even believing in the false ideas promulgated by the abortion industry. The truth will set you free!

If you are reading this, aren’t you glad your mother was PRO-LIFE?

No comments:

Post a Comment