Thursday, January 14, 2016

LAZY DAYS

by Danna Shirley
The following short story was submitted in the Creative Writing Class at Bartlett Senior Center, Bartlett, TN. The assignment was to use the random words below (or any form thereof) and write something interesting. 

Prayer ~ Lazy ~ Snowfall ~ School ~ Robin ~ Appreciate

Lazy days of summer quickly pass as the first day of school is ushered in.  I know my children will balk as I try to awaken them to get ready and catch the bus.  It’s nothing they, nor I, look forward to each morning.
American football player            Football season comes and we snuggle up in our warm duds to watch Billy play.  A few touchdowns would be nice to strengthen his self-esteem.
            Seasons come and seasons go and the robins fly south for the winter as the first snowfall cascades down upon our sleepy little community.
Baseball Runner            Before you know it, out comes the short-sleeved shirts and light pants as spring arrives and Jimmy plays baseball.  My prayer is for lots of base hits and maybe a homerun or two.
            I so appreciate the little dot on the world map that I call home.  Thank You, Lord, for keeping us safe and healthy as we pass through this life day by day.  May we have many more seasons before us?

No comments:

Post a Comment