Thursday, January 14, 2016

PROUD ROSES

by Danna Shirley
The following short story was submitted in the Creative Writing Class at Bartlett Senior Center, Bartlett, TN. The assignment was to use the random words below (or any form thereof) and write something interesting. 

Adventure ~ Tidbit ~ Melody ~ Every ~ Roses ~ Hungry ~ Proud


            As I sat rocking on the veranda enjoying the first burst of spring, a little tidbit of a melody came to me.  It was the pleasant cadence of the trees waving hello to the sun, the flutter of the hummingbird’s wings, the bees buzzing around the blossom’s nectar, the birds singing and making nests for their expected young, and of course the creak of my own movement as I swayed back and forth in my shady hiding place.  Every reverberation of nature made me hungry for adventure.  Spring had arrived and I was ready to take my place with it.
Image result for clipart of roses            Then I saw it . . . a proud rose had poked its head through the foliage displaying its contentment to just stand in place and beautify its surroundings.  I settled back into my cushion and decided adventure was for another day.  Today I would simply be a part of the melody of movement in my own garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment