Sunday, November 30, 2014

IT's A "NO BRA" DAY

by Danna Shirley

            Now having reached our mid-sixties, my sister and I have come to some philosophical conclusions. As retirees who don’t have to get up, get ready, or go to a job anymore, we are delighted when we can awaken to a “NO BRA” day, which is a day of NO appointments, NO errands, and NO visitors arriving at our door. We both rejoice when we can laze around in our flannels, our t-shirts, and our fuzzy socks. We may not even comb our hair! J

I grab a Slim Fast and sit down at the computer to play a few games of Spider Solitaire, Free Cell, or Majong Titans, which are my warm-ups for the day.

  Then I peruse my emails. Someone may send me a ”funny” and one click leads to another. You know how it goes. Two hours later I realize I should get up and do something constructive but it’s a NO BRA day—so there ya go! I can get very distracted when I’m cruisin’ the net.

Like this morning when I watched Jase and Si, and Willie, and Phil on Duck Dynasty doing their usual antics. These guys are a hoot! J  “Happy, Happy. Happy!”
                                                           
This led to a YouTube of comedian Tim Hawkins who had forgotten the scripture reference to his favorite Bible verse so he guessed at it and signed 100 autographs with Psalm 38:7. When he got home, he looked it up. It said, “Lo, I have a painful disease in my loins.” J

When I can finally tear myself away, I might sit down and watch a little television.  Maybe eat a little popcorn. Then it’s time for another game of Spider Solitaire.                                                                                      
I check my emails again and more distractions ensue until my stomach tells me it’s time for lunch. Satisfied, I might consider getting dressed but can easily talk myself out of it. Heck, the day’s half gone so why bother!

I really don’t want to bind myself in and strap myself down. I love my flannels and fuzzy socks. Unfortunately, these days don’t arrive very often but when they do, it’s a wonderful life when . . .

IT’S A NO BRA DAY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment