Sunday, November 30, 2014

MY CHRISTMAS PRAYER

by Danna Shirley

          I have reached that age in my life when material things go by the wayside and my wish . . . my need . . . MY PRAYER is that I will have tranquility in my heart and mind; that anxiety will be far from me and I will reflect a quiet calm in all my thoughts and in all my relationships. It is unrealistic to desire world peace but I desire peace in my world. 

My prayer is to see my children’s lives set on a good path that will lead them to Jesus Christ; that will keep them in the palm of His hand, and that will secure their faith and their future.

My prayer is to look at my grandchildren and know they will have a future and a hope in God and in this country of ours and that that freedom will never go away.

My prayer is that the United States will forever remain “One Nation Under God” and that our Christian heritage will never be diminished, distorted, or devalued.

My prayer is that I will fall asleep and slumber my way into my Father’s arms and that He will say to me, “Well done, good and faithful servant . . . Enter into the joy of your Lord.” (Mt 25:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment