Sunday, November 30, 2014

MY BUCKET LIST

by Danna Shirley

I saw the movie, “Bucket List,” recently which made me think, “What exactly would my Bucket List include?”  Oh, I thought of all kinds of frivolous things and even some dangerous things, none of which I would ever consider doing . . .
  • White water rafting
  • Nose piercing
  • Skydiving
  • Bungee jumping
  • Riding in a hot air balloon
  • Going on a helicopter ride
  • Traversing trees on a zip line
  • Seeing the Titanic up close and personal 
Then there are the “doable” things . . .
·         Losing weight and getting healthy
·         Learning to swim
·         Taking piano lessons
·         Visiting the Holy Land and walk where Jesus walked
·         Going on a carnival cruise
·        Visiting NYC (Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Time Square)
·         Going on a fabulous train ride across country
·         Seeing the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, Carlsbad Caverns, the Meteor Crater

These things would be fun and even adventurous, but the bottom line is that I don’t much care to go anywhere or see anything without my husband, Ron, who died in 2003. Sure, I can do some things by myself or even with a friend but without him, I don’t desire to do any of them.

What I would love to accomplish, though, is to be a published writer. Published in the sense that I would have an agent and my books would be found on the shelves at major book stores, that I would be able to touch the lives and hearts of the reader and inspire them to be an exceptional person, to have a happier life, and to live that life for the betterment of those around them. That we all would give back more than we receive and that. . . 

“. . . [we] may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that [we] may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God . . . ”  (Colossians 1:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment